Recover Assembler or COBOL
Source Code from Mainframe Executables
The Source Recovery Company (SRC) is recognized as the ONLY company in the world who recovers COBOL or Assembler source code from IBM MVS
or VSE executable programs. Our foundation is a patented
Missing or mismatched source can happen at anytime. It is
typically identified during:
- Language Updates or Migrations. No longer
supported compilers, CICS or DB2 upgrades sometime
require all source to be recompiled.
- Audit/Risk Analysis. All of the source MUST match
your executables. What percentage would fail this
test in your organization?
- Mergers/Acquisitions. Acquiring new application
systems during a merger often results in a few
missing source modules. They're the ones that got
- Application Modernization. Rewriting or replatforming the entire application is too slow and
- Disaster Recovery Testing. True offsite testing
means you can't go back if you didn't bring it with
We can help! SRC offers two services:
Our technicians are able to completely and accurately recover source code in far less time than it would take to rewrite any program, by combining the ReSource™
technology with their specialized compiler knowledge.
- Full recovery - gives you a perfectly compilable program
to produce a load module that is functionally equivalent to your original executable program. Turnaround for a full recovery is generally 5-10 business days.
- Quick recovery - gives you a raw recovery generated from the ReSource™. It can be turned around in 1-2 business days.